Friday, September 30, 2005

Visit to the eye doctor….

A visit to the eye doctor is due when:
-> eyes feel as heavy as the universe..
-> you stare lachrymosely at the moitor and people around you think that you are reading a really senti e-mail…
-> you get a doubt whether things look 20% or 30% blurred…
-> you tell mom all these symptoms and she orders you to go to the doc immediately…

This happens to me once in 6 months.. And this time it was due to the contents mentioned in the previous post..! Yeah the lack of a good nights sleep due to stink…

Everytime I totally dread going to the eye doctor…
What if the Doctor says that I have power.. :((((
Oh no!!! Then me got to wear glasses and lenses are a burden and pain… No way!!

Me asking myself…
Me(Q):Do things looked blurred??
Me(A): Hmmm… I think so.. :( But no no.. I think its only because of strain…
Me(Q): Mom said that if you develop power you will have headaches along with it… Is my head aching?
Me(A): **Thinking really hard** Hmm.. I think the right side aches a bit… But that’s not too much I guess… But what if its power?? :O :(((( Oh no!! :(

At the docs place…
Doc does the general check with the torch…
Then asks me to read the alphabets on the wall..
The alphabets are generally pretty big… I guess that was to test whether the person is TOTALLY blind or not… ;)

Me: **with a real nervous sad face...** "Doctor… I don’t want to have power… :("
Doc: (she smiles): "Don’t worry.. We'll check it up…"

Then comes the computerized testing for checking power.. Which will DECIDE my fate! This is the worst part… But it brings out my religious best too…

This prayer I carry out every time I sit in front of this equipment…
"God.. Please… I know that I should take care of my eyes properly.. I promise I will eat carrots and papaya… I will surely eat healthy Vitamin rich food.. I will do eye exercises EVERYDAY from here on.. I will not watch too much TV.. Please let this machine spare me this time… I should not have power… :( Please…. Pleaaaaaaaaaaase!! :("

The worst wait is the two minute wait after the test, before the doc calls…
Me: "Doctor, do I have power? :("
Doc: "No you don’t… :) Jus a strain on the eye… Eye drops and rest would do… :)"

Wooooooow!!!!! Yahoooo!!! Celebration!! :D
Me: (YOU ARE THE BEST!!) "Thank you so much.!!!!!!!!! :D"
Doc: (smiles...) "You are welcome… "

Got back home...
Applying eye drops is another experience by itself….
You have the small bottle right on top of your eye… Your eyes forced open….Waiting for that dreaded drop to fall right inside… And your poor eyelids fluttering to save the eye from its attacker.. :D

First time I am scared… I can see the drop standing on the tip and waiting to fall, and my heart almost stops…The second time, when the drop is about to fall, I deliberately close my eyes at THAT moment and think "Hee hee.. See I fooled you" :D
Then deciding that I shudnt be doing this if I want my eyes to get ok.. I apply it fast so that the shock is only for a fraction of a second..
:)

And this time I have decided to follow all that my prayers say.. ;)
Lets c……

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didnt know u were sooooo scared of wearing specs...


i actually think wearing specs makes a person a bit more "gorgeous" ;-)

Anonymous said...

wt a post on eyes ..... chanceless soooppperrr ....
i rememeber when i went , it was like "kya hoga , saala bolega chasma lagao" ;-)
dint know u dreaded it like this .... :-p

i liked the part on puttin eye drops :-)) lol

-monsh

awakeningcoma said...

cheating the eye drops han ,surely u will be punished for 420, and the punishment is
watching Rmarajan movies continously 4 a year, right

Anonymous said...

I never thought wearing glasses would be so bad. U sound as if wearing glasses is like commiting a sin. Imagine what if the ppl wid power think like that?


Hey hve u tried wearing once, it mite look gud for u!!!!!

Expert Reviewer said...

@gg
oh yeah.. someone said u are 'cute' anyways.. ;)
@monsh
lol.. :)
@awakening coma
vendam :( adhukku na eye drops e poattukaren.. ;)
@mayur
no, the thing is i have to allocate a fund for my eyes from my sal, as i will end up misplacing or breaking them very often.. too much responsibility.. adhellam nammakku vendaam.. :D

ada-paavi!!!! said...

eye drops, even i hate em, kannadi podrathu is not tat bad, especially if u get used to em, especially photocromatic ones, are very helpful, (i am kannadi case)

Anonymous said...

buddiyaaaaaaaaaa?....sister plz thaanga mudiyadhu...i simply cannot watch u wearing buddi 4 two whole days (sat & sun)...plz drops oooothiko :(

Sheks said...

wonder Y most politicians wear glasses?Cos they yearn for power.

While b'lore city is longing for uninterrupted power,Y do u say u shudnt have power?

Overall,good post.Well,I can suggest u a "silly" remedy to protect ur eyes while using the comp.Wear sunglasses while at the comp.(tht's wat I do).
Better but expensive remedy,get a radiation filter(which is strapped to a comp)

Jagan said...

i think u sud wear glasses ..it will giv u the nerd look u deserve ..

Pradeep Kuttuva said...

sudha:

naanga ellam romba naala kannadi podarom...i dont remember what my first reactions where..but the next day..bcos of the dilation, board kooda theriyathu..

Unknown said...

power dhaaney...its ok contact lens poattukkalam :D

Expert Reviewer said...

@vatsan
photochromatic is very helpful. in the sense namma yaara paakarom nu yaarukkum theriyaadhu.. ;)
@sush
no.. no.. sush.. surely not buddi.. dont u the worry..
@sheks
some enlightening thoughts.! :) and i do have an anti glare n anti radiation screen attached to my monitor.. but still.. :(
@jagan
too much da jaggu.. :D

Expert Reviewer said...

@katpadi murali
seriously yar.. already sal enga porudhu ne therila..
@veejay
yeah.. these 'business'frames look really intellectual nowadays..
@maduraiarian
oh..neenga veteran a?
@praveen
eye drops podave bayam.. then imagine putting on contact lens.. :O

Sheks said...

update plz!

Anonymous said...

cha cha cha, you are so powerless! ;)
Hmmm... i'm sure the 'dreaded blood-tests and injections' post will follow soon, ain't it?

Expert Reviewer said...

@sheks
pannitten.. :)
@tamizhan
eye power a? :O.. why is that?
@anand ms
you said it!! :D but ppl will think that i am a phobia struck female.. ;)

Expert Reviewer said...

@sheks
pannitten.. :)
@tamizhan
eye power a? :O.. why is that?
@anand ms
you said it!! :D but ppl will think that i am a phobia struck female.. ;)

Eclectic Blogger said...

I bet glasses are a much better option.. Eyedrops are freaky.. reminded of one episode in 'Friends'!