Thursday, September 15, 2005

Happy Birthday Sush….

My sis celebrates her Birthday today… :) This post is dedicated to her...

I consider her as almost a kid sister as shes almost 6 years younger than me… and hence am always very protective about her, hence telling her whats good and whats not.. what to do and what not to do.. (whether she listens to me is a different story.. ;))

Before everything, let me tell you, I was the one who named her… :D **sounding victorious **

If you see us from a distance, conversing with each other, then it SURELY it means we are fighting… She is the only person who can irritate me in the whole world and make me shout and get angry… :D

We two are two of totally different kinds.. We are poles apart..

I am this studious kind who would go to any extent to work hard and perform... Shes this total bindaas kind who has to be lectured and grounded by parents, to study….



I dread to even enter the sports ground.. Shes an amazing athlete and wins the championship in almost every sport she participates in….

I am this one who likes to snuggle in bed with a book, in a quiet peaceful atmosphere…. Shes the one who loves to hear jarring music in unimaginably loud volume…

I am the one who is the height of obedience and never say anything other than "Yes, I will" to my parents… And shes the one who says -"Why the hell should I??" in the same situation…

I am the one who'll constantly look at the speedometer and conciously slow down if I happen to cross 30kmph.... Shes the one who can never go below 50kmph…

Sometimes I used to think that life would have been a bit more fun, if I could break the rules like her..

Shes is the fan of so many people, those whom I cant stand! Example.. Simbu… She and her friends were even seen with half a 'blade' tied as a pendant to their chain…! He is supposed to have set a 'trend' they say…Simply incorrigible…! :p

All the fights we've had for the remote when she will never budge from her POGO or nickelodeon.. I am this patient kind and she has a real bad temper! (like my dad sometimes..) How many times, I've pulled her leg saying -"Sush, I have ALL the good genes from dad and mom and you have ALL the bad ones.. ;) "

She'll wantedly do everything to irritate me, and say -"You know, I love to irritate you.. :D" She'll drive me to the border of insanity, the poor otherwise silent me…

For the last few months, since I have become an 'earning sis' , she considers me nothing less than a world bank to fund her.. :) I keep hearing "So you have your card with you right? :D" statement way too often... Though I want to buy much more stuff for her than what i've done till now...

When I was a kid, before sush was born, There was a boy by the name Arun, as my neighbour, who was my age.. He was such a pain and used to fight with me big time.. So I still remember that day when I stood in the pooja place and sincerely prayed to god that if I have a sibling, I want a sister and not an unruly brother… But always tell her that i should have asked for a vampire instead.. ;) or I should have declared all the conditions leaving no loopholes for God… ;)

Every part of it, even when we were fighting, has been real good fun.. Dont know what I would have done without her company.... shes amazingly sweet in a LOT of ways… :)

She doesn’t 'love' chocolates, chocolates which she gets during any of her friend's birthday, she'll directly bring it home to me, coz she knows I love them :)

When teachers in school used to the start the 'sibling comparison' saying that "Your sister was that good, and how come you have this totally non-serious attitude?" She used to come back home and tell that to me very proudly.. "You know, in front of the whole class, my teacher said that my sister was really good.." :) I used to smile back and say-"Sush, good that you feel this way, but the bottom line is you need to work harder… ok?"

Shall always remember every minute spent with sush, whether during war or peace… Not able to believe that she has entered the first year of engineering… Shes still a kid sister to me.. Though I have never told her openly as to how much I care for her and love her, I know that I always do.. And today, on her birthday, i wish she gets the best of everything year after year...

Sent her a gift , to reach her today… waiting for her response… :)

9 comments:

awakeningcoma said...

happy birthday sush,
im really feelin unlucky that i dont have a sis.

Anonymous said...

oy sudha.. un sis peru verum sush thaana... illai is it sushmita.. susheela or smoething ?? coz it aint mentioned in ur article ny place

nyways birthday wishes to her

venkat

Expert Reviewer said...

@awakening coma
:)
@venkat
her name is 'sushma narayanan'
and again.. i named her.. :D

Unknown said...

aaaaw so sweet. Happy Birthday to your sister.

Jagan said...

simbhu fan ah ? me too :-) ..

Anonymous said...

hmm... makes me wonder how nice it would have been if i wasn't single.... errr.. i mean, if i wasn't the only child...:D

Expert Reviewer said...

@wickedangel
:) tanks!
@jagan
ellam seriyaana rowdy gumbal pa.. prolly shes the right person to join your new group.. ;)
@anand ms
ok.. so when you have children, have two... okie? ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy B'Day Sushma :)
Hope she reads this :-p
I know you are totally different from sister...and thatz why you are good :))
You be the way you are...dont be a saamiyaar like Sudha :))
<< RD >>

Expert Reviewer said...

@RD
hey rd,samiyar nowadays has a different meaning da.. Plesae be specific.. ;)