Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Early bird gets the worm??

This is one of my favourite calvin strips… :D Had an overdose of Calvin last night, and when I came across this fav one of mine, I resolved to write my next blog about something related to this..



I have become a real sleepy head nowadays… Probably compensating for the lack of sleep in the last 2 years of my post graduation…

The workplace being near the house, is also a major contributing factor for this lazy attitude of mine.. Have seen my friends giving envious glances, as they have to travel for quite a distance, and if they miss their office bus/cab, it takes an Arabian nights 'magic carpet' to take them there, crossing all traffic jams …

Well, this is my rigourous process of waking up... ;)

One thing I religiously do everyday, is to set the alarm at 7 before going to bed.. :D Whether it is of ANY use at all, will be known later in this blog…

Alarm set in the phone, rings….

Me refuse to open my eyes, my hand automatically going to the place where I generally keep it.., make a few attempts to pick it up if it had got displaced from its ideal position… and then with a wicked grin, still with my eyes closed, I think -
"Hee, Hee, I command you to ring everyday at this time.. But do you think I do it becoz I want to get up??.. Not at all !! … sorry.. Its jus to take that guilty feeling off me, and to make myself feel that I atleast 'attempted' to get up… :D, So I shall the put you in the snooze mode, buddy…ring again later.."

The alarm rings for the second time after 10 minutes…

"I know that you are obedient! But pleeeeeeeeeeeease! Let me sleep for some more time….
:( I shall set you to ring at 7:45.. That’s a decent time to get up.. Isnt it?"

Feeling satisified that I wont be disturbed for another half an hour, I doze off again..

Rings after half an hour..
Hmmm.. Now I have no other go! I need to wake up, but still make some brave attempts of convicing myself that I 'could possibly' … err.. Ok ok.. Now I get up…

As soon as I come out of my rug, I get the feeling that the eskimos have conquered my room along with their igloos…!!!!

"Its so damn cold at this hour! How the hell can someone expect me to get up and get ready??? Totally unfair"…

So I snuggle back under my rug..Then I send a 'good morning' message to my friend who is already on the way to office… When I explain this 'unfair' situation, I get a "How-the-hell-do-you-think-I-get-ready?" reply...
Ok.. Ok.. Wrong person to complain to...Then I get mocked as to how lazy I am nowadays… By this time, I am fully awake…

I get ready in around 45 minutes…Only to find my roommate STILL fast asleep, coz she has to leave only at 10:30 for office… So I wake her up.. In a sleepy tone, she says- "Itni jaldi taiyaar ho gayi tu?" Me in a total bragging mood - "Yeah! Of course.. U thought I was like you.?? Never! " ;)

Now, taking advantage of the fact that she doesn’t know a thing about my waking up process, I play this 'active-girl role' and call her names (Aalsi anshul, lazy leo.. Blah blah.. ) Make statements like 'even god cant save u if u are such a lazy goose' … taunt her to the maximum extent possible… ;)
And get totally entertained by the statements which she makes in a 'half asleep' condition! And remember them, add some masala and again pull her leg in the evening about all that she said…

At the end of the day, I am the early bird ! (err.. Atleast in my house….) ;)
and the worm??? Reaching office on time..! "Big Incentive!" huh..
;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

=)) Even after extending your sleep for so much time, you reach the office way before me. Think about me. I get up at 7.45 when everyone is leaving and get ready by 10.45, catch a auto and rush to office, just not to feel guilty that I reached after 11.00... But sometimes I am better than you... I keep up my timing... But, you sometimes, come to office just for the lunch... ;) :D

Anonymous said...

hehehehhehe...gimme anshul's id...she gotto know abt dis...:P

Anonymous said...

Adippavi..... grrrr.... *smoke from the ears emoticon*
Don't blame the weather, thoongumoonji! ;)

Expert Reviewer said...

@ anon i.e venkat..
Adhudhaan, ispite of the initial delay, i'll reach office on time.. thats what u call efficiency! :D

@anand
she must have read this by now, reactions will be different tomorrow morning i guess.. ;)

@anand ms
Look whos talking! :p me thoongumooji? You know since when i became one!!