Wednesday, July 13, 2005

From BTM to E-City

Had to travel from my place at BTM, to electronics city, where I had to go and get my "no dues" done ( an essential part of college life when leaving..)
Events in a nutshell….
-> only one particular bus could take us to e-city.. 373!
-> waited for sometime in the signal, greedily hoping to get the bus there,instead of walking to the bus stop (I can hear some of my friends say "Anniyan avadharithu vittan…! :D)
-> Hundreds of Infosys buses pass by…...
-> not even a single 373 is seen…


-> frustrated, I suggest that we take a bus which will drop us at Bommanahalli and take a connecting bus from there…
-> bus crowded, moves inch by inch… takes 20-25 whole minutes to reach silk board(distance of 1 km)
-> jus when u think the bus has started to move, it stops..!!
-> god has indeed blessed BMTC bus drivers with a lot of patience..! Else they wud all be at NIMHANS by now.. ( for those who don’t know, nimhans is the bangalore eqiuvalent of namma kilpauk!! )
-> I put on my earphones...to add to the irritation, radio city plays "god-knows-from-where-the-got-this-song" kind of music!
-> I pull them out, and decide to resume after sometime for some better music..
-> Since I had so much time n nothing to do, I even ragged the conductor as to why he gave me an Rs 8 ticket when it’s a Rs 6 ticket generally… he also needed some time pass I guess, and gave me lengthy lengthy explanations… (half of which I couldn’t understand..) and finally said.. "rise in the price of ticket due to petrol price rise , madam! " I didn’t want to drag it beyond that… I kept quiet...
-> We get down at bommanahalli, we wait at the signal there for a connecting bus, and we see half the bangalore junta waiting for the bus at the signal only… !!
-> Scores of infy buses pass by, packed with employees… and they are promptly stopped at the signal and by the traffic police standing there….
->Infy employees looking out of the window, and giving "poor-things!-they-look-lost" kind of looks!!
-> And finally when one BMTC which is capable of carrying normal population appears after almost 5 whole minutes, the police guy waves and asks the bus to not stop at the signal, but proceed…
-> Now we are totally pissed off !!!
-> This "infy-bus-stopped" and "bus-which-we need-not-being-stopped" process repeated 2 times, ..
-> We couldn’t stand the stink of the place..
-> Vouched that we should never attempt something like this again…
-> Not left with much option, finally decided to board the much hated private bus...
-> It welcomed us with some really really jarring telugu songs… which made my blood reach boiling temperature...
-> switched on radio city again, hoping to find something decent now…
-> reverted back to the telugu music in a few seconds…hmm...so u can understand…
-> decided not to be affected by this, and looked out of the window, and conciously diverted my thoughts to nicer things in life.. :)
-> didn’t know what happened around me, till my friend who was sitting 2 seats away from me, told me that we were supposed to get down….
-> My friend, (who has her office at e-city) had a pathetic nauseating feeling after getting down.. and I tell her.. -"Whatever it is.. Please ensure that you don’t miss your office cab! "
Whooooo….What a journey that was…. ( knowing that it was a part of life for thousands of software professionals, travellin to office everyday, held up badly, by the bangalore traffic...)

Guess however miserable things turn out to be, how to manage to get out of it, is all in the mind….

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha...

Anonymous said...

Telugu songs rock!
Check out 'Mila Mila' and 'Chandramukhi' from Nag's latest movie SUPER

Also check out 'Raa raa' from the Tamil movie Chandramukhi. This Telugu song was the biggest hit in TN.

Anonymous said...

The description is hilarious... keep up the good work! :-)

Expert Reviewer said...

@ anonymous2
with due respect to telugu songs, raa raa from chandramukhi made me spend many sleepless nights.. not becoz of the song but becoz of jyothika! ;)
@anonymous3
thanks! :)

vaasu said...

hi,

howz u? just came across ur blog..nice one indeed, but vry few posts..hope to see u blogging more..

have a nice time..

vaasu